Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I am back on line and so eager to update on all that has happened.


Last week after my first blog entry husband and I went happily searching and surfing the net that we hadn't realised we downloaded all our down time. So we had to stop using the net. But now we are up and running with extra hours up our sleaves!


Not all was lost though. I did do art and painted and made some crafty things which I had wanted to do in a while. (will post the finished pictures of a doodle painting soon)


For the Creative Every Day Challenge I brainstormed some ideas about how I would express "Nature" in art.

  • Draw something in nature
  • Draw something using natural materials (thinking red earth?)
  • Portray nature using collage of natural things I find (still collecting for this one)
  • Draw a portrait of "Mother Nature". (this idea came to me as mother's day approached and the two seemed to have some correlation, mothers give birth and create life. Mother Nature also creates and gives life. I had no preconceived idea of what the picture would be like, just knew it would need a female figure, and show nature. Here I have a tree growing from her head the intuitive area, and the dry barren dessert behind her. She looks sombre and deep in thought like almost willing for the rains to come to nourish the Earth and bring life.

The female figure is made from charcoal, the background is in water paints and tried to get texture on the sand area by putting salt on it when it was still wet.(didn't really work)

This has been my first real painting in a long time and I am so happy that finally that big sleeping part of me is finally waking!

Below is a mixed media painting I made for mother's day for mum and it is a representational only. Words to express what she means to me and images of swirls, flowers, sun and hearts to convey all the beautiful things she is to me. This painting will go in her sewing room where she creates.




I used acrylics to paint the image and gel medium for the first time, loved it! I glued on the tissue paper hearts with it, and the sun out of tissue paper torn strips. The words were written in black ink.

I am so grateful to have this opportunity to share my art, thoughts and wishes with all of you.

Have a great week making art and expressing yourself!

Angie ox

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,

    Taking that first step requires a lot of courage and you definitely have that in you. Well Done! Keep going & don't worry about being new to blogland, I just started mine on Jan. ;)

    I'm enjoying my visit here and will come back again! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you're back and painting again. Thanks for sharing your art. I love your mother nature. I have been checking your blog everyday as I am a new blogger too. I will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know that one is not alone in the world and that if we only take that step into someting positive the world responds with the same energy, giving us such a great feeling!
    Thanks for leaving a comment, its great to feel connected.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie - hope you don't mind - but you have been tagged by me!

    http://bunnysgirl.blogspot.com/2009/05/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...