Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Books and some journaling

In the past few months I have been collecting and reading art/creative books which I had bought throughout last year, but never got around to reading them until now. I have quickly read through them, because each and everyone of the books are wonderful eye candy, so many gorgeous pictures, colours and inspiration, how could one resist not looking through them. But yes I needed to read thoroughly through each book to truly understand what the artist was trying to convey in her book.
In the next post I will reveiew "Journal Spilling" by Diana Trout and show you some of the pages that I have attempted at doing. Lots of fun!!!
Then as I read through each book I would like to do a write up and a visual of my interpretation of the art/craft from the book.See how we go...;)






Above are some images of the Valentines' gifts I made for my family. Empty now but were filled with a little love note and chocolates ofcourse! I love how they turned out, I think these little gift bags could be made for any occassion. I found the tutorial in Shona's blog.Please go visit, this artist is truly gorgeous and generous with her art!
The last image is of a journal I made and re-made, still needs something but at the moment I will leave it,kinda stuck. Any ideas anyone?
So in the month of March, journaling is my focus, a page a day, and I am needing to catch up already! But will show and tell.
Does anyone else have a focus for the month?
Take care all you lovely creative people.....Angie ox

3 comments:

  1. You keep on wowing us with your craft works. They are wonderful. Love those gift bags. I could imagine hanging them as mobile against windows. It moves and glitters when the wind and sun hit them. So lovely.

    Your journal pages are just fine ...

    Somehow this month for me is all about the plants world and a couple of bunnies. Blame Johnny Depp's Alice in Wonderland. :)

    Well done and looking forward to see your future work (after a good read of all the art books you got).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been having fun! Your valentines are lovely, it's so nice to get a handmade card/gift. Your journal pages have lots of interest but I think they need a focal point. Maybe some words in the circles or somewhere on the page. I look forward to seeing what your next wonderful creations are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hearts!! They bring me such joy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...