Monday, May 25, 2009

Out of Routine

I have been meaning to write more often in the blog, but always seem to manage once a week. I would like to write a few more times in the week, I am sure there is no sure and fast rule to it, but I do like to have things set out so I know what is happening and I can keep track of things too. I am getting easily distracted lately and seem to be doing very little art or creating.

Last week I did manage to make some book marks out of felt, just as gifts and to try out into a
plait format. It was easy to do but I must admit that every time I finished one I had no idea how I managed it, it sort of seemed to come together by itself. A sort of intuitive twisting and folding of fibers, it was very calming to make them. Here they are, what do you think?
Some I added beads, some I threaded yarn, some were felted with a felting needle. Like I said they were such fun to make.
The book marks look and feel to me like forms of nature like tree roots and tree limbs twisting and looping like the fibres felted on the felt.
I need to beckon my muse I feel a little uninspired today, but I also have this huge urge to get my paints out, but I have been so busy with the children, this week.

My oldest has a dress up ball to attened and I am trying to finish her butterfly costume or rather her wings need to be glittered and painted.
Also my youngest got into kindy this week and so I needed to sign and fill a gazzillion papers for that, I am so excited for her, she will make friends and learn lots but I am going to miss her so much, it is only for two days.

We have a bit on our plate at the moment so maybe I should allow myself to not create at the moment and let myself to just do what is needed.
We had a lovely weekend with friends over for dinner and a relaxing Sunday watching movies.

I got the movie "Marley and Me"and because we also have a labrador which is what the movie is about, when Marley(the golden labrador)got sick and eventually died, husband and I just couldn't stop crying, my husband really loves his dog.

Poor Nelson(that's our dog) he just looked at us and must of thought what is wrong with these humans, they are always weeping!


Hope you also had a lovely weekend! Angie ox

3 comments:

  1. These are really nice!

    I'm the same with getting distracted and not writing as often as I'd like... its quite a discipline to keep in the habit of sharing what you're made, isn't it?! But so worthwhile.

    Good luck with giving yourself space :)

    ~Halo xx
    (www.haloquin.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bookmarks, I never seen anything like them before. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments, it's so nice to be connected to someone so far away. I hope you are able to find more time for your creativity, it is so important for Mom's to do their own thing partly for themselves but also to teach your daughters that women need to keep their identity as well as being moms and wives. Happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo true. The importance of allowing ourselves time and appreciation for what we do is invaluable, but so helpful when you have other people who share their creations with you too, thanks Leone and Halo!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...