Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Art Journalling


Finished one of the True North journal challenges, my first journal page.
Very exciting to have it done!
I must admit I found it difficult at first, didn't have all the materials so I improvised with what I had, and I got stuck with what images to add to the compass. Eventually I did start to relax and found the flow in the creating process.
The image is of a home made compass, where you put water in a bowl and with a metal object you allow the magnetising to turn the needle to north. The blue represents water, words floating around it are the answers to the questions asked by Katheryn. The images around, I used 'inchies', are of 1inch squares painted in acrylics and decorated simply using what ever I had on hand. Some are drawn with black ink, others I used pastel pencils, glued on numbers found in news papers and stickers.
Most of the images are of things which has special meaning to me like -

  • the female form represents creativity, female energies, the muse....
  • the all seeing eye is soul/spirit....
  • swirling shapes of water/nature
  • images of nature, birds, flowers....
  • the letter T for teaching, words of expression and meaning....
  • things I like to do in my own art doodling, painting....
  • my lucky number 5!

Hope you like the first journal, it is one of many more to come. I am wanting to loosen up and experiment some more with colour and form.

Have a great week, Angie ox.

4 comments:

  1. An amazing looking compass! I love the color combination and the way you created the water. Looking forward to your next work of art ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your kind words Hybrid J, had fun with it but still feel new to the whole process, but learning is just that and I need to be open to it, feeling a little off kilter today. Let's just say I am having one of those days!
    But you have just lifted me in spirits, Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored to see that your first art journal page is inspired by a True North Arts prompt. Great job on improvising. This is the beautiful thing about art journals ~ they can be anything YOU want it to be. There are no rules.

    Thanks for sharing the journey.

    xoxo k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to spend some time learning to art journal. These are lovely examples.
    BTW -- thanks for lifting my spirits today with your comment on my blog. It's the small things...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...