Tuesday, July 7, 2009

To be or not to be, that IS the question!

Hello friends,
Have been away for a while sitting on my hands, when it comes to creating connecting and expressing self.
Feeling very down because I have been quite ill over the last few weeks and feeling rather sorry for myself. Also the girls have been home for the school holidays and I couldn't really sit around the house all day in my P.J.'s, would of been nice but not realistic.
I shouldn't complain at all really because we have had a lovely time, went into the city caught the train, which was fabulous because serindipily (is that a word?), I met a lovely arty lady who was drawing on stage whilst a great band was playing Brazilian music! We got chatting and she shared her process of drawing this wonderful picture she was making. (she used chalk on canvas which I never thought of doing), go check out her website for some of her art work, very beautiful especially her sculptures, http://www.mealieart.com/
We also made pizza,








Went on picnics
and acted crazy when ever possible, all whilst I was sniffling and feeling rather miserable, but one grins and says wow what a lovely time we are having! :)


GRRRR!!!! Play with me mummy!

Such beautiful girls, and growing up way too fast.

Today was raining and cold outside, we did go for a quick outing but came home soon after and I did manage to do a pastel work on canvas, inspired idea by Amelia, and it is a self portrait - an art prompt from "Creative Every Day". This self portrait was done listening to Enya 'A Cold Day Without Rain', it is representing myself coming out of the dark looking out into the colours, kind of like I felt lately, but realising that the dark is part of the light and being at peace with that, not fighting it and getting frustrated. Again kind of like I have been feeling lately. Frustrated with being sick and not feeling lively and colourful. I really enjoyed making this today, pastels are my favourite medium, and whilst I was working away to the music I felt my cheeks warm up and become rosy, it was like the fire in me has lit up again, like in the picture.......may your fires burn and keep you warm as the creative emburs burn, baby burn.

Thought I would call this "Intuition".

Lots of creative hugs, Angie ox.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been sick but still you managed to have a good time with your kids and created a beautiful self portrait. That's a lot of work done over a period of time. BRAVO!

    I'm loving the vibrant colors you used for the woman figure and the way she moves like a flame. I could a feel a story coming up ...

    And I'm there with you - the dark is the other side of the light and it is o.k. to go with it when it calls you. If you read my latest post titled: "Bewilderment", I'm pretty much in the dark as well.

    In fact quite a few fellow bloggers / creatives are also feeling the same. Seems like this lethargic condition is happening everywhere. You're not alone in this.

    I'd say keep breathing, keep groping in the dark and keep tending the creative embers of yours. The fire is coming up and soon it will be a wondrous blaze!

    PS. Enya is one of my favourite musicians and her music has always been a powerful "lead" to my creativity. Go deep with her ... she brings magic ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been sick!

    I love the "Intuition" piece. It feels like candlelight to me. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie, so sorry you have not been feeling well and hope you will be feeling better soon. Your daughter are beautiful and look like they were having a great time. I love your pastel on canvas, the colours and movement show so much energy.

    Nice to see you back! Look forward to seeing more pastels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to mealieart and for telling us about Enya. This must be a new one of hers, I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie,

    It's me again! :) Just pass you the "Watermelon #10 Award". Pls come to my place to claim it. Also, you could pick up the "Friends Award" which is an open award to all my blogging freinds. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just would like to say a BIG thankyou to you all for the constant support and inspiring positive words, I feel so grateful for having met such beautiful people! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...