Friday, September 18, 2009

Giddy Up!

So here I am back on the horse riding a slow trot towards the light.
Well apart from everyone been sick, one after the other this winter I feel totally exausted and needed the time to replenish...I really did feel like I had nothing to share and felt like my art had no where to go. After procrastinating and feeling sorry for my self, I realised how lucky I really am, I kind of had an Aha! moment.
Let me explain...My daughter who started kindy this year wasn't meant to get into kindy, the places were all filled up they told me when I desperately rang around, then a week later they rang back to say a spot was available. From kindy I met the teacher who's sister teaches art, and after some encouragement from my husband and friends, I am attending her art lessons once a week, and they are excellent! and I am very excited about the exibition where we all get to display our art work! (it makes it feel so reall)
Then other little things kept happening, like Jamie Ridler's next book, she is doing "The Joy Diet", and I had just bought this book recently through Amazon.(and I really need something like this at the moment, joy filled)
I met another mum through school who is organising an Art & Craft Fair and I put my hand up to help out maybe put up a stall?
So it all feels wonderful and positive, yet I still struggle with that gremlin at times and I feel myself shrinking back saying to myself, what have I got to give? Who am I?
But I am ignoring its voice for now and am trotting forward, onwards I go....

We have school holidays here for two weeks so it will give me more time to post and catch up with all you lovely people, I really have missed the interaction, blogging is such a positive and sharing environment....4 weeks seems like such a long time, how often do you post? Do you have particular days or randomly post when you feel the urge or inspiration?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie
    Great to see you're back and doing lots of positive things to support your creative spirit. Taking the first steps is always the hardest. Your art class sounds like fun, isn't serendipidy exciting. Things just seem to be put in your path. Look forward to see what you create if you feel like sharing.

    I don't know what date it was that I left a message for you, I never know whether to leave messages on my blog or the other persons. I think is was to the effect that I hoped you and your family would soon be feeling better.

    I forget that it is winter where you are. We are just going into autumn and the weather is still warm and sunny most days. It has been an amazing summer here, hardly any rain since May. Most unusual.

    Hope your health continues to improve and you feel your vibrant happy self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The message I left is on my September 1st post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Never worry that you post too little ...
    - Never think that you have nothing to contribute ...
    -You're every bit as wonderful as the next person ...

    Good luck to all the new adventures! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...