Monday, September 21, 2009

"The Joy Diet"

I am so excited!
This week I started on a new venture, I joined Jamie Ridlers "Next Chapter" and the book being discussed is 'The Joy Diet' by Martha Beck.
I bought the book a few months ago but never got around to reading it. It feels almost serindipitous that the book being read is this one, and if you have read my last post I mentioned all these things that i have noticed happen, I am sure things like these happen all the time but I have been trying to look more, use my senses more, my awareness of my surroundings, feel more!
I have also started a gratitude journal to allow myself to see life more positive, even the small stuff, it all counts. I suppose to allow more joy in!
So this week we introduce the book and ourselves, then we start reading the first chapter about 'Nothing' and talk about how we can make more room for nothing in our lives and how this can positively effect us. And I must add with how I have been feeling these last few weeks, I can do with more joy in my life, a little boost of positive energy.
Heres' to new ventures in all our lives, let's step out of our confort zone and into something delicious and joyous!
Angie ox

6 comments:

  1. I can so relate Angie! I need that big dose of joy. Can't wait to get started!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here! Here! We can all do with more joy in our lives and this journey is bound to show us just how to add that dash we need to sweeten the pot! Looking forward to finding our joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, I'm for more joy and happiness. Here's to more of it in all our lives. I got the book from the library but found it a bit overwhelming for right now although there was much in it that I liked. Good luck with it, it's a very positive book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie - I really have to thank you for your so very kind, supportive words. You made my day! (this past few school days have been a rough - I have a very disturbed boy who is a runner! Today was the first ok day with him - for the whole day.) It is so good to come here and read comments from special people like yourself!
    Do take care and enjoy the Joy Diet. I have just started reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get more joyful with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Angie,

    Isn't it something how we encounter more and more serendipitous events as we pay attention? I love that you are keeping a gratitude journal. I try to be more mindful of that, but haven't actually been keeping it written.

    I look forward to sharing these weeks with you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...