Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sew Right!


Hello everyone! Look at what I did, I am sooo proud of myself for learning to make this bag and I enjoyed it so much. Look it has pockets too!
At first I must admit was a little apprehensive about sewing, even at school I never did well. But I love the whole idea of making things like bags, skirts and softies for myself and the kids. So now I feel with the limited knowledge I can go forth and learn more progress and have more crafty fun!
My next project in sewing might be a skirt!?
This bag is now my art bag, it has a charcoal, 2b, 4b, 6b, 8b pencils, water colours, brushes, sketch water colour pad and a journal. I take this to my art classes on Thursdays.
I am learning so much from Kim my teacher, she is fabulous and so energetic and inspiring, a real gem! So far we have been doing a lot of sketching and learning about value tone and colour, also a bit of dabling with water colours, next week we start with acrylics which I am excited about and then mixed media, can't wait!
Happy creating everyone, Angie :)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bag! So clever! Your art classes sound like fun, I love to hear about the progress you are making, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and what lovely color! Enjoy your class and knowing that you're doing great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the warm autumn colors of the bag. What fabric did you use? Did you follow a pattern? I, too, want to begin to sew but not clothing. Rather I'd like to make bags, pouches, dollhouse curtains. Easy stuff because I just want to play with fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...