Saturday, October 3, 2009

Truth!

"Truths can be as colourful if not more than lies. COLOUR your world!"
What can be said...hmmm. This is a hard one, truth isn't pretty, but I like it, yet it can scare me. Sometimes I turn away from it and prefer the comfort of pain, small pains but still pain, sometimes big pains.
After having children, it became easier to tell the truth about certain things and do away with silly little antics like friends who weren't really friends, and people who wear masks, you do away with those people because well... I didn't have time to play in there games and was too tired to even try.

But still I know that the truth can still be hard to realise. Just recently my husband and I discussed our trip away to his family for two weeks. They are lovely people and we will have a lovely time away, the kids will see the grand parents and I/we (the adults) will get some time to ourselves and sight see a little, all lovely!
But every time we brought the subject up I would start to get slightly emotional and we would end up getting frustrated with each other.
Hubby planned one event and I would be ...."but that trip is too long, or the time is wrong!". So I caught myself and asked..."What am I feeling right now, what is the painful story I am telling myself?" and I realised that I was creating drama and making everyone's life difficult, why? Because, I felt that I had no control over what was happening on MY holiday! Kinda had a tantrum, how embarrassing but true! So we talked it over made some new arrangements and now we are both happy, we are going away for two weeks holiday and I can't wait!
What do you think of the collage above? (Tell the truth, or maybe don't ;))
Kinda appeared on its own playing with water soluble crayons on watercolour paper, then cutting magazine papers and matching colours, then journaled some ideas and words to go with TRUTH. Hope you like it, have a great weekend Angie:).

9 comments:

  1. I really like your collage. I too can relate to your situation with hubby- sometimes I throw tantrums because of my lack of control of situations. Also, I LOVE using water soluble crayons- one of my FAVORITE mediums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth is I really love your collage! I can relate so much to your post... my coach used to tell me that emotions are almost never the truth. They're what we hang onto out of force of habit, and they often keep us from discovering our truth. Bravo to you for honoring your own needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your collage. It is both powerful and visual.
    I can relate to so much that you said. Having children expecially frees you - you have to choose what will stay in your life - you don't have time for many things.
    I have yet to post about truth - some things are still too painful.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see so much power in this collage and I understand the lost of control as being something you were struggling with in your discussions about your vacation. I love that you knew you were telling yourself something and when you owned up to what you were feeling you were able to get to the truth and a resolution. Truth is sometimes not pretty -- I couldn't agree with you more!! The "pretty" comes from working through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collage you made is so beautiful and powerful. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collage is very beautiful, your colours are so clean and clear. I have very mixed feeling about speaking the truth but I really try to tell myself the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say to all you lovely people a great big THANK YOU for being part of this whole process, in discovering who we are everyday! Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the collage. I also love how the "Marth Question" helped you "back away from the ledge" and see what was really going on for you.

    Brilliance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Angie for your support, caring words and for being there. I love to visit your blog and really appreciate your honesty and caring.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...