Monday, October 5, 2009

Journal Writing

I haven't written in a journal since I was a teenager, and I remember how great it felt to let it all out!
And after reading some other posts from "The Joy Diet" group, I have been inspired to get an old lined page book and cover it with some painted paper, put a title on it, and make it my brand new writing journal!
I like how some of the participants explained that they wrote down what their negative self talk was saying and then retorted with ten positive truths. This idea was from 'Ellecubed'. (thanks "Ellecubed'!)
I like this technique, instead of ignoring the negative self talk and keeping busy, realise what I am saying to myself and write it down and ask those questions to see where they are coming from, to be able to come out of the other side, with determination and truth. :)

I really like this saying, found on my calendar as part of this months positive sayings.
"Keep courage in your back pocket and you can face anything!"

Have a great week, and I wish you all happy creating and making. Angie :)

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to keep courage in your back pocket!!
    And journaling, writing down how we are feeling, what is on our minds is a fabulous way to have self dialogue. Glad you are going to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love the cover of your new journal, but most of all love the idea that you're journaling. It's a great tool for self development and marvelous for creativity. You're doing very well to nurture and develop your creativity. Well Done!

    The quote you posted was spot on!

    Thanks a again for you encouraging comments to my tangles / doodles. It mean a lot to me that it comes from an artist. Really appreciate that. :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...