Sunday, January 10, 2010

The new year.....

Happy New Year to everyone :)
Better late than never!!!
I have been busy so far with relatives visiting, friends popping in and keeping the young ones entertained. We have three weeks to go of our holidays and the kids are getting restless, so we go out a lot. Tommorow skating, we swim every day, and go for walks at our parks close by.
I must admit I have started a lot of projects, and I am grateful for having found the time to do them in little stolen moments, but most of the art pieces are unfinished. Hopefully as things slow down back to our 'normal' routine I can finish them.

I would like to thank firstly HybridJ for sending me her gorgeous work of art "The Christmas Sky", beautifully hand drawn by her as a give away for Christmas. I was so happy when it arrived. It is displayed on the kitchen bench side next to my other art pieces that I admire daily. I will cherish it always :) Thank You HybridJ, such a lovely gift!

This week I will also start with the "Creative Everyday" prompt for January, THE BODY.
I made a "Soulful Diva" art doll as displayed in the magazine Get Creative, the artist who makes this is a lovely lady called Sarah Lawrence and from this article I was then inspired to make one of my own,( I may make more to dispaly as a group) and I have also bought a book by her titled 20 To Make Art Dolls.
This Soulful Diva is not yet finished, she will be stuffed with filling and other little trinkets (like a little paint brush) and special words/poems to give it special meaning for me.

Hope you like the "Soulful Diva" she gives out an energy of calmness, of knowingness, she seems wise beyond her years, and so very grounded. She is like a good friend always there when you need her, even if it is to just sit quietly and contemplate life with.....

I hope you have all had a lovely break and have started the new year with lots of creating.

Angie oxoxox

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, I love your lttle Diva and look forward to seeing her finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Angie!
    I love your little Soulful Diva! She is gorgeous. Looks like you'll have fun creating these little gals!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her!
    and i love making closs dolls.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too. Your diva look gorgeous and looking forward to the finished piece.

    Thank you for posting my artwork in your blog. I got the mini easel from Riot Art Supplies. Not sure if Riot has stores nationwide.

    Last but not least, thank you sooooo much of your lovely commnet to my latest drawing - The Rose Thief. It means a lot to me and to know that I'm on the right track. You're spot on about following one's own talent / intuition. In my drawing, I follow my creative instinct for images. My reading of art books etc is more about learning how to use the tool, like pen and ink and brushes.

    Thank you again for all the support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and texture in Soulful Diva! Glad you could carve some time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your doll is so lovely! What a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear from you Angie. I hope the New Year is a great one for you full of lots of creative fun. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...