Friday, December 11, 2009

Owl Mania


The school holidays have started and the kids are home for the next 6 weeks. I have been looking forward to this for a while, no more school pick up or drop off. Phew!! But it will mean that I have to get 'crafty' (giggle) about managing my time to do some art. So far so good, have been squeezing in time to doodle and play around with drawing cartoon owls. I don't know why or what has possessed me to draw owls but I love them, they are wise and spiritual animals and they like to read! Some of the owl drawings I googled, some are from a cartoon my kids like to watch and others are from the imagination. Hope you like them.

This is a new journal entry (apologies for the fuzzyness of picture). Again very play related, do you remember making butterfly prints at school by sqeezing paint inthe middle of the page and then squishing it all up, to then open it and each time the butterfly would be different. After the paint dried I doodled around the butterfly.
Do you let yourself play some times? Give it a go, it's so much fun, maybe you can squish some paint and make butterflies!

5 comments:

  1. Oh to be starting 6 weeks of holidays!! OH well after next week I'll have 2 wks anyway.
    Love your little owls and the journal page - especially the colours in it.
    Looks like you are making time for your art - that is great.
    Thanks for stopping by! Love to hear from you!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your owls! I've been working on some owl drawings as well. But haven't got them right yet ... Wishing you and your family a very happy summer holiday.

    No, it isn't late at all to join my giveaway. Just email me (hybridj@gmail.com) your mailing address or the address you want the artwork to be send do and I'll post them to you.

    So thrill to have you join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterfly print with the doodles. (I've added it to my journal prompts.) I'm having a lot of fun playing with art materials. It's all play! It looks like we're in a similar place with art - jumping in and getting our hands dirty. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, I think I will try the butterfly journal page. I need something light to get me back creating after being away from it for a while. Owls make me think of my Mom, she loved them and I love all your variations. Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the things that I lvoed about teaching young kids is doing all the cool things I used to do as a kid ~ like butterful paintings! I remember thinking they were like magic!

    Thanks for coming along to the workshop with your beautiful girls today Angie, I've uploaded a post and a pic!

    http://chrissyforemanc.blogspot.com/2009/12/container-gardening-workshop.html

    Hope to catch up soon,

    Luv C xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, leave a comment and share your thoughts...